Here’s how answering four simple questions can help you create a short-bio in a matter of minutes!
Professional Bio’s are your chance to share all your achievements and notable career accomplishments with your audience in a small paragraph or summary format.
- Bio’s can be as short as one paragraph or as long as a whole page.
- Bio’s are used for social media profiles, signatures for written blogs or articles, websites or scholarship applications.
- Having a professional bio helps you stand out from the competition. It tells the audience what you want them to know about who you are vs. them assuming they know who you are by piecing information together found on the internet.
Here are four simple questions to help you create a short bio for your professional branding needs.
- What do you do now? (Where you work, your title and leadership position)
- Length of time in your field
- Describe your specialties in your field
- Your educational background and certifications
Need help with your LinkedIn profile or bio? Hire a professional today!
Mary V. Davids is Principal Consultant at D&M Consulting Services, LLC., and creator of the Honest Model™. Mary has over a decade of experience in cultivating employee engagement, enhancing workplace performance, career coaching, leadership coaching and training & development. She holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management and a Master’s Degree in Human Resource Management. Mary also serves as Secretary on the Board of Directors for the South Florida Chapter of the National Association of African American’s in Human Resources. To connect with Mary, you can follow her on twitter @MVDavids or you can email her at firstname.lastname@example.org